Happy St. Patrick's Day!
So on a typical Tuesday afternoon, I take a little girl to her Irish Dance class. It's cute to see flocks of 8 year-olds prancing around to these peppy jigs when they'd much rather be collecting points on their webkinz. But today she didn't have dance class...go figure, Irish dance doesn't meet on St. Patrick's day?
I have always had a secret affinity for St. Patrick's day. Our family is of Irish heritage, and I don't know...I kinda think its cool. I would LOVE to visit Ireland someday...maybe leprechauns frolic in fields of shamrocks year round over there?
My grandpa (the mall-walker) always writes and Irish saying in every card he gives out. He's a simple man and apparently the great Irish forefathers say it better than Hallmark sometimes. These are the 3 sayings that he rotates through, depending on the occasion:
"May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live."= Happy Birthday
"As you slide down the banisters of life may the splinters never point the wrong way."= Congratulations
"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night."= Spend this check wisely.
Gimme da Gold.
No comments:
Post a Comment