
Happy Birthday America!!
your very own virtual cookout...in order to celebrate our country's independence in style




Also today, America lit the largest firework of all, launching the space shuttle Discovery off to greet a few aliens and some stranded Star Trekkers.

Weather:
This week has managed to be the hottest of the whole summer, with highs in the mid-90's. Here I was wondering if it would ever stop raining and we'd get to see WARMER temperatures...I seriously regret that now.
Sports:
Honestly, I don't really know.
Most of the hit sports have ended, so that leaves what...racing? All I've got for you is random player tradings in the hockey department, which is gearing up to begin again in a few months. Some dude from Belgium is currently dominating the Tour de France now minus Lance Armstrong. And apparently this is not our year for tennis. (Ashley, proof that America has clearly suffered without our skills...no matter what Coach Kovell gave us in class)
Other Stuff:
My cousin, Emme, is the next big thing people...look for her on Broadway!
Participating in her (the one in the center) first ballet
Participating in her (the one in the center) first balletAs a new advertising campaign, Cartoon network is using billboards to spread the word. I think it's working because these things are pooping up everywhere and people are talking. Other slogans include: "Pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny" "My girlfriend dumped me" and "I have a meat forehead" (note to self- find an 8yr old and ask him what this means?)
The 326 Reunion happened last night!!! YAY!! After 6 weeks I finally got to hang out with my roomate! We spent plenty of time catching up, telling fun stories and sharing beautiful pictures...(yes, I lied, I didn't participate much but I had a BLAST listening to her stories and looking at all 200 of her pictures!) =) We headed into B-town to catch their firework display and then drooled over James Franco (in Annapolis) and Mrs. Stirckland's chocolate chess pie...in this situation, the pie totally won.
Mebane held it's own tonight with a crazy fireworks display. It was a pretty bangin' (literally) 25min. display of colorful luminescence. I felt like the Mebane Arts & Community Center had moved into my backyard, seriously we live a good 3 and a half neighborhoods away and I could still hear the music they were playing, inside my house. Sorry Burlington, but we dominated your fireworks this year.example- Day Leo Fur Rings. (highlight this with your cursor if you give up: daily offerings)


1 comment:
omg it was so totally time for an update. I was DYING here. I wish we could have spent July 4th together :( but we didnt. However, I will be home in a week and a half!!!!! I totally picked out which one was your cousin, and it totally wasnt because she was the only chica I could see. You didn´t comment on any other of Mrs. Strickland´s food so I´m wondering if you knew how to pronounce it ;) .... ok love you chao bye..
Post a Comment