Sunday, June 18, 2006

June 18, 2006

Where’s Waldo this week?!
(behind the older lady in the beautiful fushia top & skirt)

How about they now have an interactive Where’s Waldo game, with the whole point and click deal. What happened to the books?!

So while you all are off traveling the world, you can count on me to be in one trusty location! Know that I am praying for you all and completely jealous and amazed by all of YOUR stories and travels! Not too much to report on, but here’s an little more of what you’ve been missing from the dirty south!

Beauty Roles:
Ashlee, attempting to look more like big sis, Jessica:

According to US weekly, Ashlee has had a nose job, jaw softening and lip plumping, along with using the same hair stylist as her sister, all to appear more like her...watch out Nick??

Babies R Us
Matt Damon and his wife Luciana gave birth to their first baby girl, Isabella last Sunday in Miami.

Britney Spears is reportedly contemplating having her next birth in Namibia. This is after Angelina and Brad returned from Namibia with their baby Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. According to People magazine, Shiloh was born at the Cottage Hospital in Swakopmund, Namibia:

Recent photo of the new daddy and Shiloh:


Sports:
The Canes aren’t able to “Ward” off the Oilers yet

The Carolina Hurricanes suffered a tough blow Saturday night in game 6 at Edmonton. Carolina lost 0-4 to the Oilers. Carolina’s center, Doug Weight viewed the game from a box seat, after an injury in game 5, but they saw a return to the ice of one of their leading scorer’s Erik Cole(26) after a neck injury in March. The teams are tied at 3 games each, and the Canes are hoping for an end in their favor, back home, with the Stanley cup Monday night in game 7.

Some crazy caniacs…I think they’re from Argentina, Ashley maybe you’ve seen them?

Family news:

Mom is back from Mexico and this is my souvenir:

…maybe they have these in YOUR country?

SO...I ran into grandpa at the mall in Burlington the other day. He was walking laps waving at random children with his new addition: a cane. I asked him why he was using a cane he claimed it was for balance. He proceeded to tell me all about his recent BINGO activities and swim lessons at 6am. He then described to me that he saw a man in the middle of Chick-Fil-A with his computer (he didn’t know there were such things as ‘laptops’) and how was it possible that he wasn’t dropping his crumbs into his computer. So anyway, after running into grandpa I decided to take advantage of the Belk’s Father’s day sale and purchased a few necessary items (too bad Old Navy, Target and Michael’s weren’t having a father’s day sale as well.)

And the winner is...
Supposedly the 101 million dollar power ball lottery was won by someone from North Carolina. Maybe it was your mom?

Fill-er-up...

RIIIGHT….but gas prices are down slightly at $2.67 a gallon(at Sheetz in Mebane).


Now Playing
at Graham Cinema: Failure to Launch ($2)

FYI: The mayor of Mebane is Glendel Stephenson (we learned this in 3rd grade) isn’t he cute??


Ok so nothing exciting…I know, but remember where I am, and I’ll get back to you on that one! I love you all and happy travels!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

This is the best newspaper I have ever read! :) Glendel is precious... I´m so glad he´s been my mayor ALL my life! I am sad to see that you have googled WHERE´S WALDO during your summer vaca.....come on now .... love you miss you

Anonymous said...

PS. Last night I had a dream that I was at Jessica Simpson's wedding...as a bridesmaid! Not only that, but her wedding was like a concert venue, because Clay Aiken was the singer at her wedding. It gets better. I sat next to Nick Lache, and he introduced himself as the groom. Helloooo Nick, get with the program. I'm a bridesmaid. You should know me. AND Clay Aiken had dreadlocks. No, I'm not kidding.

All in all, England makes a person have crazy dreams.

Mebane makes people write funny blogs.

Heart,
Dom

summerinmebane said...

Dom-

so we're pretty much even on the crazy levels then. But i'm still jealous that you got to meet Nick. :)